One recent client came to us in this situation.
- At the time the client was using standard cases functionality but needed more
- Turned on the Salesforce Service Cloud Console but discovered there was so much that didn’t work for their unique business processes
- They knew extending Salesforce’s built-in features was possible with Visualforce, but didn’t know where to start
They reached out to Snapptraffic Consulting to request some help taking their Service Cloud to the next level.
Finding a Solution
To help them adapt Service Cloud for their needs, we:
- Analyzed their unique business process
- Designed a system that would support this process
- Customized their Salesforce org significantly in order to align its functionality with their process
The standard Service Cloud product from Salesforce is packed with a lot of great functionality, but they make it possible for us to really take things to the next level with their development platform. By writing APEX code, we can write entirely new pages and functions that are fully unique and fully tailored to the process at hand. This means we can take advantage of the out of the box functionality that comes with Salesforce, this keeps the cost down. But when standard Salesforce functions don’t support your process well, we build custom functions that do.
- Instead of spending time toggling between screens, support staff now has all the case information they need on a single page
- Customer issue resolution happens faster
- Support staff are more efficient in case resolution and management of their daily tasks
For this client, we took full advantage of the Service Cloud out of the box functionality, but we also wrote many custom functions so that their support reps could do all that they needed to do on one page, and all those functions were right at their fingertips. Much of this capability was delivered through the incorporation of Visualforce into their Service Cloud Console.
|Click image to enlarge|
|Click image to enlarge|
This is a great case study because it shows a Salesforce subscriber who has fully realized the promise of the Salesforce Service Cloud Console. This is possible! In our estimation, Salesforce appropriately promises great things with their Service Cloud, but they understate what it actually takes to make this a reality. Their sales teams will do a great job putting together a powerful demo, but the system you eventually buy won’t come with the configuration that was demonstrated. They’re expecting you to build that yourself - and most companies, while experts in their field, aren’t experts in Salesforce setup and development.
For more information about how Snapptraffic Consulting can help you implement a solution like this, feel free to contact us at http://www.snapptraffic.com/contact-us.html